Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Monday, August 10, 2026
Camping Pocket Pal
I sometimes buy patterns for a specific project and they never get made. Then along comes a charity drive that needs small items to fill bags and I have the perfect set of projects.
I absolutely love this pattern which you can purchase here.
Many playsets require plastic canvas or cardboard and for perfectly good reasons.
However, it is time I don't always want to invest in a project. This little tent requires nothing but old fashioned crochet and sewing in ends. It stands up on its own and I couldn't be happier. The only additional item required was a tiny bit of stuffing for the sleeping bag pillow but this could be left out as one of my other sleeping bag patterns offers as an option.
I tested it to see if other toys might fit and the smaller Calico Critters fit tightly. If I was going to add this to their donation next year I'd use heavier yarn to make the tent bigger and test how well it stands. I know the sleeping bags I made this year for them will not fit in this tent and they couldn't possibly fit in the sleeping bag designed for this ami.
I do think as is that other small play figures would fit in nicely.
Notes:
As I mentioned on the Rabbit in a Carrot post I've been trying to use up a large stash of Sinfonia cotton that I'm slowly replacing with Cotton Fair. I needed Cotton Fair for the doll's face and the tent. Everything else helped me with my project to finish off the old stash.
This set was made with a 3mm hook.
I chose to sew eyes instead of using safety eyes as the head is rather small.
A note to self to turn sleeping bag inside out before crocheting sides together. This one is made slightly different from the others.
This is going in my binder for this charity as it has quickly become one of my favorite patterns I've made so far. I can also see stealing some of the accessory patterns for both the Calico Critters and Chelsea. Not sure I can get the tent to be big enough while still holding its shape but the fire would be a cute addition to her sleeping bag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment