Friday, August 7, 2026

Barbie Ski Outfit



When I went to look for my blog project notes on this ski outfit, I could find notes for Ken and Skipper but nothing for Barbie.

This was odd since I had written notes about what needed to be done to alter the pattern for the modern Barbie and how it differed from Skipper. I might have made the outfit last minute and it never got posted one year and never came back to make it for Barbie again.

I lost a number of project pictures when I failed to back up an old computer and it died. So, if I have made this for Barbie before, which my notes indicate, I have no written evidence other than my notes on the pattern.

This was a great project to finish off a wonderful weekend. The pattern is from a House of White Birches newsprint leaflet Crochet Wardrobe for 11 1/2 inch Fashion Dolls from Margaret Funk.

There is a pattern for Ken and Barbie. I use Barbie's pattern for the hat and sweater but Ken's pants work best for both dolls. Barbie's pants pattern fits Skipper quite well though.

The outfit is made with Knit Picks Palette. The sweater and pants required a 3.0mm hook and I used an E hook for her hat.

I only change colors once at the top using the same contrast color.

The pants require 20 rows to fit Barbie. I do not reduce the arms as it is impossible to get her hands through once reduced. Both pants and sleeves are finished with ss to avoid catching on Barbie's hands and feet.

I keep playing with the hat increases to get a good fit but this time I believe I was close to as written for increases. There is an extra sc row at the bottom of the hat and it is finished with ss.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers