Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Rag Doll Summer Dress



At the beginning of this donation cycle I thought this would be the final year for the Rag Doll. The current model has different hair from this model but it is still nice to have a rag doll in the mix. The company I order them from had two more left so I will be keeping the Rag dolls on for a few more rounds.

Notes:

This dress is made adapting the baby doll summer dress from Margaret Funk's House of White Birches Baby Doll Fashions to Crochet that I use for the two 16 inch baby dolls.

For this outfit I chose Lion Brand's Ice Cream Yarn in Watermelon. It makes for a cheerful dress.

In the past I've added an additional sc row before starting the changed directions for the 16 inch baby doll that I've documented several times. I missed that this year and the dress is lighter at the top. I'd likely go back to the additional row next year.

I started with an E hook and repeated row 5 once. Thus rows 3-6 follow the original directions for 3-5 moving each row directions down one. For the original row 6 now row 7 that starts the skirt I moved to a D hook to decrease the skirt size as it is too large with the E hook.

The top is slightly large for this doll so I finish the top and the arm holes with a sc 4 decrease around. It isn't even but it does help make the outfit fit better.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers