Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Little Red Riding Hood Hunter Finger Puppet
With the Hunter completed I only have to finish the wolf for this set to be finished.
This pattern is from Evgeniya Yunitskaya's no longer available Red Riding Hood Finger puppets.
Notes:
If my memory serves me the original hunter had an axe. This one had a weird looking gun and I chose not to make it for multiple reasons.
There are lots of controversies over weapons and donations and why risk it. Secondly, looking at the picture, even if I wasn't worried about it being rejected for a weapon, it kind of looks like a musical instrument more than a weapon. This hunter will have left set his weapon down before appearing in the puppet theater.
I used Cotton Faire cotton for this project and a my Tulip Etimo sized 2 crochet hook.
The hat and the vest proved to be the most troubling challenges of the puppet. I ended up doing the first row of each flaps in the front row of the stitch to get it to fold.
I'm not sure if it was where I attached my arms that was the challenge but I couldn't get the vest to fit as written so I just made it top down as I'd make something for one of my dolls. I started with the original count but decreased to keep it from gaping in the back. I also added to chain stitches for the arms as I found the vest tight around the arms. I crocheted around the outside of the vest and fpdc around the collar. This seemed to help the fit.
The bottom of the vest is sewn together to keep it from falling off and getting lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(167)
-
▼
August
(17)
- Little Red Riding Hood Hunter Finger Puppet
- My Life Cinderella
- My Life Swimsuit
- Stacie Critter Empire Dress
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Sweetly Pants, Top...
- Rag Doll Summer Dress
- My Life Kinley Casual Pant Set
- Skipper Ski Outfit
- Lil Cutesies Overalls
- Our Generation Boy Swim Trunks
- Our Generation Red Flower Dress
- Camping Pocket Pal
- Barbie Ski Outfit
- Our Generation Boy Minion Inspired Outfit
- Little Red Riding Hood Mother Finger Puppet
- Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Baylees Bikini
- My Life Playtime Garden Outfit
-
▼
August
(17)

No comments:
Post a Comment