Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Saturday, September 5, 2026
My Life Cat Short Set
I was hoping to get this posted Friday but decided to put it up on Saturday and keep pushing to complete my projects for the donation. It seems impossible but that deadline is now approaching rather than far off in the distant future.
This is one of Pamela Yarborough's patterns that can be purchased here.
I've been following her patterns long enough that my copy is from her origins of posting free patterns to her website to give her a following to start selling her patterns.
As with many of my doll projects this year this is another pattern that has been sitting in my doll binder for years until I came up with a more balanced approach for rotating through making clothes for all of the dolls rather than randomly picking which doll I felt like working on today. This has actually helped me to reach more deeply into all my doll folders and try some patterns I've not used in years or like this one, never tried.
Note:
This is made with Red Heart Super Saver Amethyst and White. The Pink and Grey are Herrschners. The black is sport yarn left over from the ami's.
I started with the hat and the shoes making them between other doll projects so they wouldn't need to be made after the outfit.
The hat was made using an H hook and I left a note on the pattern to try an I hook the next time.
The shoes were made with an H hook.
The top fits but it is snug with the suggested H hook. With anything that has to slide on and off the doll I like a little room so I'd use an I hook the next time for the shirt. A reminder to myself to pull the yarn up from the bottom for the ss.
I used the suggested F hook for the cat face and that was the right choice.
The shorts are snug with an H hook but my concern is getting them to stay up if I move to an I hook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(192)
-
▼
September
(21)
- My Life Cinderella
- Lil Cutesies Drop Waist Dress
- Ken Pilgrim
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit 2
- Calico Critter Sister Shell Dress
- Calico Critter Mom Swimsuit
- Glitter Girl Mermaid
- Barbie Cinderella
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Spring Petal Dress
- Calico Critter Brother Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom Morning Glory Dress
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
- Our Generation School Uniform
- 16 Inch Baby Doll I Feel Pretty
- Chelsea Sun Dress
- Calico Critter Dad Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom V-Stitch Sundress
- My Life Cat Short Set
- Our Generation Patriotic Swimsuit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Linmary Dress
- Little Red Riding Hood Wolf Finger Puppet
-
▼
September
(21)

1 comment:
Aw, that little cat face is so cute! Love the outfit.
Post a Comment