Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Holli the Heart



I fell in love with this pattern and the St. Patrick's Day themed one and was lucky enough to have a DH who supports my crochet habit with gifts. You can purchase the pattern here.



Oddly hearts have been a shape I've struggled with but this year I found 2 different methods of construction that worked for me both this pattern and the other Valentine pattern that I used for this year's Valentine box. The construction was different for each but for some reason the directions worked for me in ways previous patterns haven't.



There are so many cute details in this pattern. The hands were the most unique. I love the construction and the way they look when finished. The big eyes and nose were what caught my attention when I first looked at this pattern and they didn't disapoint when I made this pattern. I was originally going to use thread for the facial details but I changed to yarn because the size 10 thread I used just seemed to get lost on the face. The yarn gave a bolder look to the face. I almost forgot the bow and it really does add a pop of color to the heart. I'm glad I took the time to add it.

I'm hoping to get the box in the mail today. I have one more project from this box to share with you. Then I'm hoping to finish a few Valentine projects and doll donation projects before heading on to the St. Patrick's Day box. I'm hoping to complete the companion pattern to this one for St. Patrick's day. Stay tune if I finish it you'll be able to read about it here.

4 comments:

Marielle said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

What a cute heart! Thanks so much for linking up with me at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 21, open until February 26.

Ann said...

Just darling! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Hello!
I come to visit you from Linky Ladies Party #203 where I also participate.
I like your artwork.
Thanks for sharing.
Greetings from Spain

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers