Thursday, December 28, 2023

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket



This project was finished during down moments over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Between the basket and the blanket it was a great project because it was mobile and could be worked on easily without lots of extra items. The Moses Basket pattern comes from Annie Potter Presents Sweet Baby Layette pattern set that can be purchased here. Darski's BBL pattern set provided a free blanket pattern, you can find it here.

Notes:

I used Premier Dominoes for this project. Again this is yarn that I had intended for prayer shawls but not sure when those will be made so I'm determined not to let stuff grow into my permanent stash.

For the basket I used a g hook and the sizing was good. I like the heavier yarn for these baskets. It works up a bit easier than trying to manage the 2 pieces of worsted 4 together. It is a bit lighter but the dolls aren't heavier enough that it makes a huge difference.

I used baby yarn instead of worsted 4 for the blanket so I kept with the J hook instead of reducing to the F hook which I had done last year. As a note for next year I would reduce the hook size as the blanket is a little larger than needed but it still works well enough that I'm not going to remake it. However, next year I'd continue with the baby yarn and experiment with hook size to see what size would be a better fit. I'm thinking the g is likely a good option.

I have a snuggle sack to make for the Lots to Love 10 inch doll and a Moses Basket for the Lil Cutesies doll and this portion of the doll donation will be done for 2024. I need to get back to finishing the JC 16 inch doll diapers as I stopped after two and I need one more baby bib for them as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers