Friday, May 21, 2010

Little Barbie on the Prairie


While never a fan of the tv show, I was a huge fan of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House book series as a child. I read the books before the series and our teachers brought the books alive with costumes, plays, and events designed to engage us not just in the stories, but the time period that surrounded the life the family led.

When I saw this pattern online, it was a chance to share with the next generation not only my love of the stories, which I have by making sure each family has a complete set of the books, but to share the fun of engaging in the play that goes along with the stories.




This outfit was challenging because I was substituting Luster Sheen for thread. I played with the gauge and thought I had the correct hook for the project based on the gauge requirements. Unfortunately, the arms are larger than I wanted. For the next one I will use the same hook for the body of the dress but decrease hook size for the arms.

For those looking for the pattern it is an out of print Annie’s Fashion Doll Club Pattern, Prairie Dress FC20-01. From my searches, it appears to be frequently available on most vintage fashion doll pattern resale sites.

If you are looking for free Barbie patterns please see the Barbie Fashion Doll Page for links to free patterns.


Pictures may not be used without written permission.

1 comment:

Lori in Philly said...

They are beautiful! I love the bonnet and apron.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers