Tuesday, October 19, 2021

16 Inch Doll Dress, Shoes, and Hat



I mentioned last week that I'd be reversing colors and making another dress for the second JC Toys 16-inch Baby Doll using up the donated Herrschner's Worsted Weight Yarn. I finally finished a skein of the green but have at least 2 more skeins to finish.

You can find the free pattern for the dress here. To adapt the 14 inch doll pattern to the larger 16 inch doll I used a J hook with the lighter Herrschners worsted yarn for the upper section of the dress. I joined the rows after the first row rather than needing to close it with buttons or snaps. I switched to a g hook for the skirt.

With my experience of making the hat with a G hook the last time I switched up and made it with an H hook this time and I think I'd stick with the G hook next time.

I had to adjust the Peachy Keen free shoe pattern found here to a J hook in order to make them fit with the lighter yarn.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers