Monday, August 28, 2023

Skipper Simply Beautiful



This is Rebekah's Treasures free patterns Simply Bluetiful for the Teen Fashion Doll found here. I wasn't sure which doll this was going to fit as I have two "teen" dolls in the Barbie line Stacie and Skipper and even when the pattern specifies one with the way the dolls change sometimes a dress fits one better than the other. In this case the dress went to Skipper as suggested.

Notes:

I used Aunt Lydia's Size 10 Wood Violet and my Tulip Etimo thread 1.25mm hook.

This dress comes in 3 sizes for the fashion dolls. I don't overlap in row 11 for any of the dolls but join as the fit can be tight when I don't.

I've been able to get a few different outfits using this as a base for the Chelsea doll. I'm hoping to adapt it a bit for Skipper. I also pulled some size 20 thread from my stash to see if I can get this pattern to fit Stacie. I have so few patterns for these 2 dolls that I'm trying to learn to stretch them as I can.

2 comments:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

How cute! Pretty color too. Thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 21.

Oombawka Design said...

Crochet Dress Patterns that fit Skipper Barbie can be hard to find! Thank you for letting us know that this one works as written :) Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday
Party #519 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/skipper-barbie-dress-easy-tote-bag-layered-reeses-cake-recipe-link-party-519/

Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers