Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Amigurumi Pig




I have adult nieces that went through the pig stage with Charlotte’s Web and Babe and while I bought the toys, I never really went through the stage myself. This pattern was a delight, though. I fell in love with this little pig by the time he was done. He does actually remind me of the Fisher Price toy we had.

One of the things I loved about this pattern was the ears were created while crocheting the head. Secondly, the head was not created as a separate part of the pig body; they were crocheted as one piece. This reduced the sewing portion of the exercise greatly.






















I almost have the chicken/rooster finished and will share the outcome of that project next. This experience has made me eager to seek out other patterns from this series. I am also curious to find out if the kids will enjoy these animals as much as the Fisher Price toys, as they are similar in size and purpose.

This pattern is found in an out of print Annie's Pattern Club Pattern, 87B54 Down on the Farm.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers