Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pterodactyl Amigurumi


This was the only pattern in the series that I questioned the pattern, not just my skill level. The pattern book picture shows a triangle that creates the wing for the dinosaur. A rounded wing is the result of crocheting in the round as written in the pattern. I am going to experiment with the written pattern further and work on adapting the pattern on my own to see if I can create one that looks more like the one in the book. With the lack of wingspan, I adapted how I attached the arms as well. Since I have more requests for dinosaur presents, I will have time to practice the patterns.




That being said, Terri, as he has been lovingly named, still has drawn some popular attention. Thus, the increase in requests for dinosaur presents. I am going to continue to work on creating a pterodactyl with wings that are closer to the original intent. I will post any progress I make.

For those seeking the pattern book it can be found at Gourment Crochet's, Amigurumi's Dinosaurs.

Please see the Dinosaur and Dragon Page for free knit and crochet patterns.


Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers