Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crochet Toast



While it may appear there is an organized breakfast theme going on here, the toast came to be when I realized there was not enough of the off white to finish a sandwich I hoped to make. I had enough for about a slice and a half of bread, not two slices, since each slice is a double thickness. I looked at the bread and the egg and realized I had toast and an egg. This seemed like a perfect breakfast combo. It also gave me the chance to practice the pattern before moving on to making four of the same item that would need to be the same size. I do find it challenging to stay consistent.




This is another pattern I tried from Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats. This has been a great resource for fun food projects. I used a birthday gift card to purchase more yarn, so I will get to the sandwich soon. I like the idea that the sandwich pattern has details like the tomato. You can expect more cooking crochet posts this week as I have been on a quest to meet my Christmas request.

If you arrived here looking for free crochet or knit food patterns please see the Free Food Knit and Crochet Page.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers