Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crochet Pancakes


I started on a food kick after getting a request for food presents for Christmas. I have never been a fan of fried eggs so no hunger involved as I was crocheting those, but the pancakes have left me with a desire to hit a pancake house. I have been thinking about experimenting with crocheting chocolate chip and blueberry ones.

The pattern for these pancakes comes from Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats. The butter is actually an adaptation of Frankenstein's head from Gourmet Crochet's Monster Mash Amigurumi. For those of you who may wonder if Gourmet Crochet is a sponser, sadly no. I have never even received one free pattern. I just ordered another set of pattern books though, as I am a huge fan of the amigurumi items available there.

There is no butter pattern in the book and the whip cream pattern was not quite what I was looking for. Frankenstein's head, when made smaller gave me the basic shape I was trying to create. Sometimes we do not need to recreate the wheel, we just need to find a pattern that looks like the shape we are aiming to make.

If you arrived here looking for free crochet or knit food patterns please see the Free Food Knit and Crochet Page.

Pictures may not be used without permission.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think these turned out very cute! Way to troubleshoot by using Frankie's head pattern he he. If you wanted something smaller in the future for like, say toast..., you can always crochet a double layered square and call it good. LOL.

Karin said...

Looks yummy! Now, where's the syrup?

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers