Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crochet Box Car Train


The June 2010 Crochet World gave me the chance to create a baby safe train set. I made the engine first. Once that was completed, it gave me the confidence to move on to the other train pieces.

The Box Car was the easiest of the train cars to make. The pattern required creating a rectangle box and adding wheels and the end pieces to complete it. As I mentioned in the previous post about the engine I had to alter the directions to use stuffing instead of foam to fill out the train. The main color is close to the suggested color in the pattern. The secondary color was changed from brown to black.

If you arrived here seeking free train patterns check out the Free Toy Patterns

Based on a suggestion from my husband, when I make this pattern again, I would likely make two wheels and crochet or sew them together to give the wheels more stability. Either the single wheel needs to be sewn directly to the train to keep it from bending or it needs more support. I am not that the foam would make a difference in my choice.

See the Other Train Pictures:

Engine

Coal Car

Caboose

Crochet Train Set

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers