Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reindeer Amigurumi


As I mentioned in a previous post I have been collecting vintage patterns from books and magazines. This pattern was adapted from Annie's Crochet Newsletter Nov-Dec 1991. The original pattern includes a reindeer with arms and legs. I did crochet a leg and held it up to the reindeer to see how it would look and it did not have the same look as the one on the pattern picture.

However, my husband captured what made this reindeer perfect. He reminded him of the rubber duckie reindeer we had mailed a few Christmas packages earlier. I have a younger relative that loves the rubber duckie creatures and this guy has that look. Another relative is discussing making a sleigh so I suspect there will be a herd of these created before the Christmas season is over.

I of course want at least one like Rudolph here and a couple with black noses as well. In fact I think I may even have a sleigh of my own for them to pull.

For those of you who arrived here looking for free Christmas patterns please feel free to visit the Christmas Knit and Crochet Page or the Christmas Ornament Page for free patterns.

Several people asked me about the toys I was talking about. These are the Rubber Duckie Reindeer Toys I was talking about.




Picture may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers