Friday, October 22, 2010

Barbie Witch Knitted



I cannot claim credit for this beauty. Mom made this costume for a relative on my husband's side of the family to share. The free pattern is available at Knitting on the Net. I found this pattern early on in my research. It convinced me I had to convert Mom to making doll's clothes. At that time, I could neither knit nor crochet and I wanted my nieces to have access to the wonderful doll's clothes I was finding patterns for on the Internet. Well my crocheting skills have progressed to the point I can make Barbie clothes, but Mom is still the only one producing knit clothes for the dolls in our family. I do not see that changing any time in the near future.

Barbie’s outfit will be leaving for her new home soon. I was fortunate to have the chance to take a picture using my dress model before the outfit left. I have some other great stuff Mom sent me for to give for birthday and Christmas gifts. I will photograph and share these outfits too before sending them off as well. She has expanded into sewing dolls clothes as well as knitting. I cannot wait to show off the items.

I am still waiting on my yarn shipment from JoAnn's to get started on my first doll project in ages. I have two Pilgrim outfits to make and ship before Thanksgiving. I needed lighter weight yarn, as the first outfit I made was a bit bulky.

It is not too late for those of you who want to make doll Halloween costumes. I have free patterns available on the Halloween page. Those who crochet are in luck. There are several free crochet patterns for Barbie, Ken, and even Kelly available on the Internet. I located three American Girl free crochet Halloween Patterns. I apologize to the knitters this is the only free Barbie Halloween pattern I have discovered. I have no Halloween patterns for the American Girl Dolls. I will update the Halloween page as soon as I find any to add.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Halloween Page

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Patriotic

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers