Friday, November 5, 2010

American Girl Doll Poncho



After working on the Knifty Knitter Looms to make the hat and scarf for the doll I decided to make a poncho to wear with the hat. I used Maggie's Crochet Abby, Allie and Annie 18" Doll Outfits Pattern. I checked Annie's Attic and it appears they put it on clearance so it is only available now as a PDF pattern from Maggie's. I am always so surprised how quickly they advertise and then retire those patterns. I understand that scarcity pushes people to buy faster, but it seems I barely have time to consider before all the hard copies are gone. As I have mentioned I am not a huge fan of the PDF world. With our printer currently unconnected, it is even less appealing.

As you may have noticed the Springfield doll in this photograph is wearing a skirt with the poncho. If you botch the poncho in your first try and add too many stitches when converting the rib to the double crochets, you do actually get a cute skirt in the bargain. The result was too large for a poncho, but it amazingly fit the dolls waist without any need for elastic.

I do not know if I would ever have the patience to make one, but I like the idea of a poncho that has a neck warmer. As I was constructing that part of the pattern, I thought it would be an interesting adult pattern.

I have lots of other items on my to do list before Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I would like to give the skirt and the pants in this pattern a try soon.


The Barbie and American Girl Doll Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Patriotic

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Halloween Page



Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers