Monday, November 7, 2011

300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects

I had heard a good deal about 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects but had not seen a copy of it to look over in the stores. When I realize our library loan system had it I put in on reserve.

I like the wide selection of patterns. I thought the pictures could have been better. The attitude was a bit much at times. The author's assertion that one "had" to learn to read symbols seemed a bit much. I respect the concept of symbol crochet. However, for a variety of reasons, it is not my first choice in patterns. I do find it easier to follow written directions than symbols. I know many feel strongly about the subject, but we all process information in different ways and not respecting that seemed a bit arrogant to me.

One formatting issue I loved was the lines between the written directions. While the author may not be a fan of written directions, the person who formatted the book, loves those of us who do use them.

If I come across an inexpensive copy of this book, I might consider adding it to my collection as I am doing more blocks for others. However, I am not ready to put it on my must purchase list.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers