Thursday, February 23, 2023

Calico Critters Romper



I started adding Calico Critters to birthday and holiday packages but until now hadn't ventured into making clothes for the toys.

It's been a busy winter so I opted to skip holiday boxes until Easter so I'd have some time to think about what I wanted to make. I had no idea what patterns were available for the Critters characters and I had to find a model as I need to fit clothes as I make them do to my guage challenges.

It was harder finidng a single character than I thought it would be as I only wanted one adult character to fit the clothes. I realize the animals differ slightly by type but I was hoping for to get close by using one of the adults to make some clothes. I settled on Stephanie Marshmellow Mouse as she was one of the less expensive models and started looking for patterns.



You can purchase the pattern set here. This outfit was made with size 10 crochet thread. I dug out my recent shipment from Thread Art. I'm a huge fan of Aunt Lydia's but I can't find the range of colors I used to be able to find even online so I've been branching out to try other brands. I'm pleased with my experience so far with Thread Art.

While the pattern calls for a 1.8mm thread hook I needed to use my Tulip Etimo 1.25mm hook to get the outfit to fit. Again this is why I try to have a model when I make clothing for dolls or toys because I never am sure if I will need to adjust the hook size or fiber to make the outfit fit until I try it on the doll/toy.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

This is just too cute!
I really am in awe at how many projects you complete for donations. Such a kind thing to do. :)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers