Monday, February 13, 2023

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Valentine's Outfit



As I mentioned when I made the Lil Cuties Valentine outfit, Char's pattern had adaptations for the hat to fit the Lots to Love 8 inch doll. The sizes of the two dolls are compatible enough that the adjustments I wrote about in the previous post worked for the smaller doll, too. You can purchase the pattern here.

Notes:

The pattern calls for a size 5 steel hook. I've never found the numbers to be helpful as the numbers vary by manufacturer so I try to stick to mm when recording so if I change hooks I have a better chance of matching mm than sizes. For this pattern I used my Tulip Etimo 1.75mm and 1.5mm hooks. For the dress I used the 1.75mm hook. Having finished off the pink yarn for the Lil Cutesies doll I dug into my stash of thread and located some new pink options for this dress as I wanted it to be different from the previous outfit.

I did not use a tie at the top and I finished the back with sc so I skipped the first stitch on both sides when working the collar. I didn't do this the first time and the collar didn't close correctly so I note it here for future projects.

The bottoms also used the 1.75 mm hook. I chose to finish the leg openings with a sc around the legs.

I used the 1.5mm hook for the shoes. I had previously made them with the larger hook and found them hard to keep on the feet. I found going down to a 1.25mm hook made the shoes too tight.

For the hat I also went down to a 1.5mm hook. I ran out of pink at the last row so I used a row of white at the end before the brim. The directions for the Lots to Love hat are slightly different than the Lil Cutesie directions as the heads are shaped differently.

2 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! How adorable. This is a perfect outfit for Valentine's day.

Healing Bytes said...

This doll and her outfit are so adorable. Love it.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers