Tuesday, February 7, 2023

My Life Hearts and Flowers



Over the years of this donation I've enjoyed including holiday outfits for the donation dolls when I've had time to add them. I don't need to make them close to the holidays as the package goes out at the Christmas season, but there is something fun about making them as a way of celebrating my own holiday seasons. This is one of Darski's free patterns found here.

The shoes are not part of the free set but have become my favorite shoe pattern. They are part of Sweet Silver Creation's Sailor Dress pattern. I don't always make the dress every year but I've lost count of the number of shoes I've made from this pattern you can purchase here. I like the shoes because they are easy to make and stay on the doll's feet.



Pattern Notes:

I use a K hook for the first 4 rows of this dress as with my odd guage it is the only way I can get the dress to slide on and off. I use an I hook for the rest of the outfit including the shoes. I returned to row 11 using an I and reduced last sc row of top.

The flower belongs lower on the waist but I was experimenting with the ties in the back which I've never done before and I ended tacking the flower at the top of the dress instead of the waist. I'm noting this because I do check my previous blog notes when remaking these outfits for future donations.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers