Thursday, February 24, 2022

Lots to Love 10 Inch Doll Bathing Suit



As I mentioned previously as I set out on this mission to dress the donation dolls in bathing suits I realized I had a bigger pattern collection for this project than I realized. I orginally made this Sun Suit pattern for the 8 inch doll back in 2020 from a pattern in Annie Potter Presents Sweet Baby Doll Layette available for purchase here.

I looked at my pattern notes from 2020 and it looked like it would adjust to the 10 inch doll without much of a challenge. The issue would be finding the right yarn and the correct hook size. As usual it was trial and error.

Notes:

I used no longer available Red Heart sport yarn for this project. In the future when my supply runs out Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn Sport is about the same and would work as a substitute. I've been working steadily on finishing off what is a very old stash of Red Heart sport yarn and it is good to know I have a back up when its gone.

For the bathing suit everything but the leg trim and the heart I used a G hook. I used an e for the heart and the leg trim. Size was an issue for the heart and the trim.

I tried making the hat with a g hook but it proved to be too large so I went back to an e hook and it fit better.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers