Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Glitter Girl Doll Bathing Suit



I mentioned in yesterday's blog after a cold winter January storm I decided I'd think warm thoughts and outfit some of the donation dolls with bathing suits. Next up is the Glitter Girls Doll with another Wellie Wisher pattern designed by Char that you can purchase here.

I used Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet, Cotton Size 3, Warm Blue for the main part of the outfit. The challenge is finding variagated thread in size 3. The pattern suggests Lizbeth and I do have some on order but since you can also use 2 pieces of size 10 crochet thread together I scrambled to find two of the same variagated thread cones to finish off the swimsuit and the visor. I ended up using Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread Size 10-Monet and it was a nice contrast to the blue.

As unusual as it may be for me I worked this pattern as written. After finishing this pattern I actually have a better feel for the Lil Cutesies pattern and will use that information for the Lots to Love 8 inch doll bathing suit which is on my to make list.

I have a couple more of Char's Wellie Wishers patterns to make for the Glitter Girl doll but I'm hoping to wait until my Lizbeth order arrives. While I didn't mind the look and feel of the two strands together for a trim, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled trying to work a main section of a pattern with 2 strands of thread. Both patterns have main sections with variageted sections so I'd rather wait. I still have bathing suits for the other dolls to make so I have time for my order to arrive.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers