Thursday, March 2, 2023

Bunny Puppets



This is the last of my 2022 Easter projects I'm preposting in June so I don't lose track of my projects.



This pattern is no longer available but if it returns I will post a link to it.



I had never used Velvet yarn prior to this project. I understand the attraction to this yarn as it has the feel of a traditional stuffed animal. While I love amis the yarn versions are not nearly as snuggly as traditional stuffed animals. The Velvet yarn brings a softer feel to projects.



There is a trade off to working with the velvet yarn however in that it sheds and wears as you crochet with it. You don't tend to have this challenge working with traditional yarn. I found it was rather unforgiving when I had to pull out a section to redo something. I often found I could get one redo if I was lucky and that was it as the yarn was then to worn to use again. It had lost its plushy feel.



1 comment:

Oombawka Design said...

I love your Velvet Rabbit Puppet! It's too bad the pattern is no longer available. Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday
Party #494 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/twisted-ear-warmer-bunny-puppets-diy-how-to-sew-a-baby-blanket-link-party-494/
Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers