Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rocking Horse Ornament



I have been a huge fan of rocking horses and carousel horses for years. When I saw the pattern for a crocheted rocking horse Christmas ornament, it seemed like a great way to share my interest with the next generation. This is another pattern I found in the out of print Annie’s Attic Crochet Kid’s Christmas Tree.

I loved the little details on this pattern, down to the saddle and the bridle around the horse’s mouth. What I had trouble working through were the rockers. I had trouble getting the rockers to sit flat. I tried a few times with two different sized hooks. I will likely attempt another shot at this pattern, as I would love to have one for my own tree. At that point, I can hopefully work out my rocker issues. I may try a different type of yarn and see if that creates a better outcome. Perhaps a softer or lighter weight yarn might work better.

If you arrived here looking for free Christmas patterns please check out the following pages:

Free Knit and Crochet Ornament Patterns

Free Knit and Crochet Christmas Patterns

Free Plastic Canvas Christmas Patterns

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I really like the yellow and brown color combinations! Maybe put pipe cleaners or armature wire in the rockers to bend them right?

Sheltie Times said...

Great idea. It may help with the shaping. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers