Thursday, December 23, 2010

Victorian Snowman



For those of you who have been following my blog you know I found and fell in love with a snowman pattern from Annie's Crochet Newsletter Nov-Dec 1986, Tiny Snow People. I adapted the pattern and have been making a variety of these snow people for Christmas presents. I wanted an old world look for this one. I labeled it Victorian because it reminded me of the capes and tall hats, but I could be off on the historical period. It might actually be an earlier time.

The hat is actually recycled from my failed attempt to finish Ken's Christmas Caroler outfit. I will never find the hat when I start on the project for next year, so I decided to use it for this project. I had some black shimmer yarn and decided to experiment with that for the cape. I have found the dishcloth yarn makes great noses. I experimented with regular orange worsted and found the dishcloth yarn stood a bit firmer.

This one had to be wrapped quickly because he was starting to look at home on the piano and I was afraid he might not make it into the intended package.

Free Holiday Patterns Available on the Following Blog Pages:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers